Friday, January 28, 2011

My first Canucks game

On Wednesday, January 26th I went to my first NHL game. Canucks vs. Predators. I'll break down the game for you.
  • First of all, pre-game warm-up was AMAZING. I went down to ice level and watched the players. They were SO hot. Bieksa, Raymond, Kesler... the list of hotties goes on. I only wish Sergei Shirokov had been in the lineup. 
  • The first two periods were rather boring, I must say. Nashville had the better chances and the refs kept on calling penalties on us for the smallest little hook or hold. They didn't, however, call even a penalty when Raymond was taken down on a partial breakaway. (Should've been a penalty shot.)
  • I got pretty worried when the Preds scored immediately in the 3rd period. Here I was thinking, "This is a low-scoring game so we're probably going to get shut out." 
  • Then, MayRay missed an open net but Burrows scored on a rebound. The crowd was suddenly back into the game. 
  • About 2 minutes later the Canucks were entering the zone when Daniel Sedin passed to an unknown player. He shot it and scored to give us a 2-1 lead!! The crowd was so insane, it was awesome. 
  • The unknown player turned out to be the new call-up, Lee Sweatt, in his first NHL game, scoring his first NHL goal, on his first NHL shot, and it turned out to be his first NHL game-winning goal. He was so excited!!
 Anyways, that's the story of my first Canucks game. I was super glad that they won!! I wish I would've gone to the Dallas game where we won 7-1, but heck, I'll take a win anyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment