Wednesday, March 2, 2011

About Nicknames... Extended!

The second post I ever made was entitled, "About Nicknames..." In it, I gave players' current nicknames, and created some of my own. At the trade deadline, the Canucks acquired three new players. So it's my job to create some creative nicknames for the noobs.

Here's the original post:

Today I want to talk about... Canucks nicknames!! Some of them have nicknames, some of them need nicknames... and others, well, take some imagination to think of a nickname for them. I'm going to make a list of current nicknames, and for each player make my own suggestion. Unless, of course, I can't think of anything better. Some of them have really, awesome nicknames!!

Andrew Alberts- A Minor, the A Train, AHLberts. Mine: Double A.

Jonas Andersson- none. I got nothing. This kid played like 2 games for us.

Keith Ballard- Bally, Hips. Mine: Goalie Killer.

Kevin Bieksa- Juice.

Mario Bliznak- none. Again, 2 games!!

Alexandre Bolduc- Duke, Duker.

Alexandre Burrows- Burr, Frack.

Guillame Desbiens- none. Mine: Guillame "thumb-inside-fist" Desbiens.

Alexander Edler- The Ice Man. Mine: Eddy.

Christian Ehrhoff- Bobby Hoff, the Hoffster, Blast-Off Hoff.

Tanner Glass- none. Mine: Tanner "Scrabble Champ" Glass, Tanner "Fights-Bears" Glass.

Dan Hamhuis- Hammy.

Jannik Hansen- The Great Dane. Mine: Jannik "Hard-worker" Hansen.

Ryan Kesler- Kes, Frick. Mine: Kes the Mess, Ryan "I hate Canada" Kesler, Grumpy, Gold-medal Baby-maker. (If you read Pass It to Bulis you'll know what I mean.)

Roberto Luongo- Bobby Lu, LUUUUUUU.

Manny Malhotra- none. Mine: Manny "Faceoff" Malhotra. (That's the only thing he's known for.)

Ryan Parent- none. Mine: Ryan "The Other Ryan" Parent. Like I said before, I don't know anything about this guy.

Joel Perrault- none. Mine: Joel "Who?" Perrault.

Mason Raymond- MayRay, MayRay Go-Round. Mine: Mason "Put out the Flames" Raymond. (He gets lots of hat tricks against the Flames.) Speedy Gonzales, because of his speed.

Aaron Rome- Romer. I got nothing else. Maybe, Aaron "In n' Out" Rome? He's in and out of the lineup a lot.

Rick Rypien- The Rypper, Pitbull. There's none better than that.

Sami Salo- Sami Solo, the Finnish MacInnis. Mine: Sami "Piece of Glass" Salo, Sami "Ouchie" Salo, Walking Disaster. Sami "Ruptured Testicle" Salo... The list of testicle-related nicknames goes on. Knock yourself out.

Mikael Samuelsson- Sammy. Mine: Mikael "they can go eff themselves" Samuelsson, Mikael "no Team Sweden for you" Samuelsson.

Peter Schaefer- none. Mine: Peter "The Suit Guy" Schaefer. All I know about him is that he gets custom-made suits. And he's with the Moose.

Cory Schneider- Schneids, Ginger Lou, Schneiderman, Ginger Jesus. Mine: Cory "the Playmaker" Schneider. (He has 3 assists on the year.)

Daniel Sedin- Brother Daniel, Danny, Dank. Mine: Daniel "Out for Blood" Sedin, Daniel "The Other Sedin", Daniel "Brent Gretzky" Sedin.

Henrik Sedin- Hank, Hanky. Mine: Henrik "Captain" Sedin, Henrik "Art Ross" Sedin, "Henrik "MVP" Sedin, Henrik "All-Star" Sedin. (Get the picture?)

Sergei Shirokov- Shiro. (What an original nickname.) Mine: Smiley. This guy smiles all the time, plus, it's way shorter than his real name.

Jeff Tambellini- Tamby. Mine: Teeny, Meanie, anything that rhymes with the last bit of his name... Jeff "The Third" Tambellini. (His dad and his grandpa were both in the NHL, and his dad is now a GM.)

Christopher Tanev- none. Mine: I would say Tanner, but Glass... Umm, he's played 2 NHL games, so I gotta get to know this kid a little more before I start pegging him.

Raffi Torres- none. Mine: Raffi "Bulgy Eyes" Torres, Raffi "Tattoo" Torres, Raffi "Don't mess with me" Torres, Raffi "Streaky" Torres, Raffi "Scores a hat trick in one game and doesn't score another for 15 games" Torres, Raffi "HIT SOMEBODY!!" Torres. (Man, this guy has a lot of possibilities...)

Aaron Volpatti- Peppermint Patti!! This guy has the best nickname on the entire team!! No way could I make another suggestion on this one. Hands down, Patti, you win.

Cody Hodgson- CoHo. Mine: Hodgepodge, Hedgehog. Just because his name reminds me of those words.

Well, that's it. If somebody has a better idea, then just give me a shout. I'd love to hear your ideas! (Anybody? Anybody? Are you out there?) 


Chris Higgins- none (that I know of.) Mine: Higgy, Gettin' Higgy wit' it.

MacGregor Sharp- none (that I know of.) Mine: Mr. MacGregor (you know, Peter Rabbit?), Sharpie, Mac, Big Mac, Greg.

Maxim Lapierre- Max? Mine: Perry, Lappy, Maxim "Laperriere"/Ian (since his name gets misspelled/mispronounced all the time and he gets confused with Ian Laperriere), Yappus Maximus, Maxim Yappierre , Yapper Extraordinerre, Yap to the Max, True Yappiness, Pursuit of Yappiness (he's a noted yapper), Maximum Awesomeness, Maximum Effort, Maximum Frenchness (even more than Alex Burrows?).

Well, that's that. All the nicknames I need to do this year. I found it quite fun to make up nicknames for Lapierre, but MacGregor Sharp was harder and Chris Higgins was near impossible. If I think of any more I'll add them, don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment